The Antarctica VR Experience will be closed Friday 27 September 2019.
Few are fortunate enough to travel to Antarctica. Even fewer experience what it is like to live there. That's all about to change.
Explore Antarctica as you’ve never seen it before in this immersive virtual reality experience. With 360-degree camera control and stunning 4K, high-resolution vision, experience a day in the life of Antarctic scientists as they research this mysterious continent. You'll see first-hand the work that goes into understanding climate change, managing ecosystems, researching sustainability, and conserving wildlife.
Along the way you'll:
• Explore Antarctica from a helicopter cockpit, even landing on glaciers.
• Jump in a zodiac to discover the resident penguin colony and see the new chicks.
• Explore Davis Station and logistics that go into surviving the harsh Antarctic conditions.
• View the spectacular Southern Lights in high definition.
"The Virtual Reality experience was awesome. 360 camera control which made it so unreal. If I wasn't holding onto the seat beside me, I would have thought that I was really in Antarctica."
Opens 5 July 2019 for a limited time only!
Daily 11.30, 12.30, 2.30, 3.30
* Please allow up to 30 minutes for the VR experience.
Recommended for children 13+ but younger children can attend at the parent/guardian’s discretion (see Health & Safety warning).
VR Experience only:
Adults & concession $20
With Big Ticket:
Concession & child $23
* Allows access to The Antarctica VR Experience, all vessels, exhibitions and 3D cinema
Book online to reserve your spot, or book direct on the day at the museum.
Note: Not recommended for children under the age of 13 and people with certain medical conditions; glasses can be worn under the headset, but the focus cannot be adjusted.
The Antarctica VR Experience is proudly supported by:
You might also enjoy these