IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
We're observing strict social distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of all visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19.Learn More
"Grandchildren aged 6, 7 and 10 loved our visit. So much to see and do, especially the activity centre... Recommended for a family outing."
Kids are born explorers and our family programs and exhibitions are designed specifically to stimulate learning.
Here are a few things you and your kids can experience:
- Climb and play on board real-life tall ships, warships and a submarine*.
- Sea Science Pontoon - peek below the surface of the harbour on our waterfront.
- Explore exhibition spaces through interactive kids activity trails.
- Take a creative guided tour of the exhibitions and enjoy themed play time with Mini Mariners, or Seaside Strollers for carers and bubs.
- Kids on Deck - play, discover, create and get your hands dirty with printmaking, sculpture or painting.
- Please check here for updates on availability of vessels, wet and hot weather alerts, and more.
(*nb. minimum height 90cm, prams and baby carriers are not permitted on board tall ships, warships and submarine).
Visiting with babies and toddlers (click to expand for info)
- The museum is fully accessible to strollers and prams via ramps and lifts. Strollers and baby carriers are not allowed on the vessels.
- Free cloaking for strollers or bags is available on site.
- The museum has 3 baby change rooms.
- Quiet lounge spaces for breastfeeding can be found in the parents room, or on the upper level in Tasman Light Gallery and alongside Kay Cottee First Lady exhibition.
- Our free entry play gallery for early learners is open daily 9.30am – 5pm. We also have regular booked programs for carers, babies and toddlers.
- Yot’s Café offers high chairs and bottle warming.