Curriculum references - NSW
Geography Stage 4 – Interconnections: Technology; Trade; Production & Consumption
Commerce Stages 4 & 5 – Option 4 Global Links; Option 9 Our economy
Economics Stage 6 – preliminary Topic 2 – Consumers & Business; Topic 3 markets;
HSC Topic 1 – The Global Economy
Design & Technology – Core: A Holistic Approach; Design Processes; Activity of Designers
Curriculum references - AustralianGeography Years 7-9 – Place & Liveability; landforms & landscapes; Changing Nations, Interconnections
Geography Years 11 & 12 Global Transformations
Economics & Business Years 7 & 9 – Types of work; consumers & producers; global economy
Technology Yr 7-8 – Products, services, sustainability, designed solutions
Years 9-10 – design for global futures
Guided tours Years 7 - 12
Use our special activity trail to navigate your way through the six containers, exploring concepts in transport, globalisation, trade & business, interconnections, design & technology, sustainability and ocean conservation. Our museum educators will help students investigate the content in an informative and engaging way by emphasising your curriculum priority. Please let us know at the time of booking if your focus is Geography, Economics or Design & Technology
Design & Technology students may include an optional visit to the tall ship James Craig, a 19th-century cargo vessel (extra $5.00 per student)
Price: $10 per student.
Teachers and supervising adults visit FREE of charge within the ratios specified in Plan Your School Visit. Additional adults will be charged the student rate.
- A supervisor/student ratio of 1:15 applies.
- Duration and start/finish times: contingent upon student numbers and will be arranged and explained during booking.
- Breaks: you're welcome to take recess or lunch at the museum before or after the program, but mid-program breaks must be arranged at time of booking.
- Entry to exhibitions and vessels: all bookings include FREE entry to museum exhibitions and HMAS Vampire, time permitting. All other vessels require pre-booking. A supervisor/student ratio of 1:15 applies on HMAS Vampire.
- Location: all programs begin and end at the Australian National Maritime Museum, 2 Murray Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney.