Public Health Advice- COVID-19
The Maritime Museum is committed to protecting the health of its visitors and are adhering to the advice of NSW Health. As updates are issued, the museum is adjusting processes and procedures to ensure we are doing everything possible to minimise the spread of COVID-19.
As of 3 January 2021, face masks are now mandatory for indoor venues in Greater Sydney. Visitors to the museum over the age of 12 are now required to wear a mask whilst visiting the museum.
The Public Health Order issued by NSW Health in December 2020 required residents from the Northern Beaches Local Government Area (LGA) to stay at home to control the spread of COVID-19.As the situation unfolds throughout 2021 it is anticipated new orders may be put in place.
The museum will adhere to any Public Health Order mandated by NSW Health restricting movement of residents between LGAs. While they are in place, visitors from these LGAs will not be permitted to visit the museum.
In the interest of public safety, anyone who has visited identified venues on the NSW Health list or has cold or flu symptoms, should not visit the museum until you have been tested and receive a negative result.
We thank you for your co-operation.
If I have a ticket I no longer can attend, what should I do?
The museum is offering refunds to customers with paid tickets who are unable to visit due to: mandated Public Health Orders, border closures and other travel restrictions. Customers unaffected by the aforementioned reasons but choosing to stay home for personal safety reasons will be offered tickets to visit the museum at a later date.
Refunds and date changes can be organised by emailing email@example.com, quoting your name and booking reference number. For those requesting a refund please include documentation as to why you are unable visit for example photo ID with address details.
We will continue to monitor the advice of NSW Health accordingly and update our guidance as appropriate.
What do the new restrictions mean for my booking?
In line with the new COVID-19 restrictions issued by the NSW Government, we will be re-introducing the one person per four square meter rule from Monday 21 December. Visitors over the age of 12 are also required to wear a face mask whilst indoors at the museum, complimentary disposable masks will be available at the venue.
Are you planning a visit to the museum?
To keep our visitors, staff and volunteers as safe as possible, we've made some changes to how we operate. Here’s everything you need to know before you visit.
Closures and Postponements
Please note, due to COVID-19 and to comply with government health and safety restrictions, the following areas will be closed/unavailable:
• HMAS Onslow
• Below deck on HMB Endeavour and HMAS Vampire
• 3D Cinema
• Group bookings
• Members Lounge
• Cloaking service (self-serve lockers are available)
We have also had to postpone the following events and vessel access:
We will continue to review and update this situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make changes to our program of experiences and events at the museum during this time.
**Important information about your visit**
The health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our highest priority and we need your help to contain the spread of COVID-19.
What we’re doing to protect you
• Access to the museum is restricted to reduce crowds and ensure social distancing
• We encourage pre-booking your visit online
• The museum is now cashless – card payments only
• Hand sanitisers are provided throughout the museum
• Frequent routine cleaning is undertaken to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene
• We offer free temperature screening devices on request
• Safety protocols for catered events
• We have updated our privacy notice online
Safety protocols for family programs - view HERE
How you can help us to stop the spread of COVID-19
• Do not visit if you are undergoing the self-isolation period or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
• Do not visit if you are unwell or have a dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, high temperature or fever, body aches or pains
• Please provide us with your personal details and give us permission to provide them to NSW Health if they ask us to do so
• Maintain a distance of 1.5m between yourself and other people at all times
• Downloading the Government’s COVIDSafe app is recommended
If you’re feeling unwell please call National Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080.